Experience Victoria, BC
Cycling, Sight Seeing, Hiking – Your Choice!
Thursday, June 15th – Sunday, June 18th
Lodging – your choice. Trip leaders prefer the Royal Scot Suites near the Harbor – quaint, clean, and an excellent restaurant. Make your own reservations now, availability becomes limited by mid April.
Transportation – choose the Coho ferry leaving from Port Angeles and going directly into Victoria Harbor or the Tsawwassen ferry south of downtown Vancouver arriving in Schwartz Bay (1/2 hour bus or care to Victoria). Barry and Leslie will inform the group when and where they plan to leave if you would like to join them.
Victoria is a beautiful city on the harbor with many activities possible. We’ll plan to bike one day with other activities as we wish:
· British Museum – cost is $17 with seniors $11
· Art Galleries
· Beacon Hill or Thunderbird walk abouts
· Fort Rodd Hill and Fisgard Lighthouse $3.90
· Craigddaech Castle $10.32
· Cycling on the bike dedicated mostly paved Galloping Goose trail 16 miles to Butchart Gardens with a $32 entry fee or go east to Sydney for lunch and sightseeing. Traveling west will take you to glacially carved Sooke Potholes Park for lunch & hiking (Canadian law REQUIRES helmets)-this section includes hard packed dirt trails. Cross bikes recommended.
· And wine tasting 60 miles north in the Fraser Valley – 15 wineries for tasting & touring
Gather together Thursday night – 7:00 at the Empress Hotel to swap ideas for the weekend and meet at the Royal Scotsman Friday & Saturday morning at 8:30 am for breakfast and planning the day.
Barry Bersch, firstname.lastname@example.org, 206.295.1945 & Leslie Hayden, email@example.com, 205.552.5770